Economics Tuition That Really Helps
Economics at JC level can be challenging. This is the first time students are in contact with the subject, and some students may find the subject so difficult that they lose interest in the subject altogether. A pity because it is a very marketable subject recognized by many employees and can open doors for students in the future.
At Anthony Fok’s Economics tuition, students are in good hands as they are personally coached by JC Economics tutor Anthony Fok, who is a former Ministry of Education school teacher. We make sure that students are equipped with the required higher order thinking skills, comprising application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation. We teach students how to explain current economic trends using principles in textbooks, putting forth answers in an impactful argument supporting statements against contradicting views. In doing so, we are proud to have produced successful students who have gone on to graduate in prestigious universities such as the University of Cambridge and London School of Economics and Political Science.
The A-Levels is the most excruciating time when students hope and strive to do their best for the examinations to enter university. The overwhelming Economics syllabus may be demanding to many. However, our students are well-equipped with the requisite skills to excel in their Economics examinations. Our JC Economics tuition in Singapore (i.e. the Intensive Revision Programme) is specially designed for JC 1 and JC2 students preparing for the examination. We provide comprehensive revision notes which not only cover the syllabus but highlights case study skills to tackle higher response questions, application of strategies to past years’ examinations questions. On top of this, Anthony will highlight common mistakes made by students and further sharpen the students’ analytical skills.
Bukit Timah Branch
Bukit Timah Shopping Centre
170 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Call / SMS: 8251 3684
Block 201E Tampines Street 23
Call / SMS: 9861 0186
CALL NOW: 8251 3684
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- Bachelor of Economics from Murdoch University, Australia
- Masters of Education from Monash University, Australia.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore.
- Currently pursuing Doctor in Education.
- Former Ministry of Education (MOE) school teacher.
- Member of the Economic Society of Singapore.
- Member of the American Economic Association and Economic Society of Australia.
- Member of Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (Singapore).
- Member of Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE).
- Member of Educational Research Association of Singapore (ERAS).
Awards and Accolades
- Featured on 'The Sunday Times' newspapers as one of the five "most sought-after super tutors" in Singapore.
- Featured on CNBC TV "a well-known face of Singapore’s booming private tuition industry and a part of an elite group of super tutors" in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers as a “super tutor who earn at least $1m a year”.
- Featured on MediaCorp Channel 5 TV programme ‘Made in Singapore' as “an educator with extraordinary qualities”.
- Guest speaker on 'MediaCorp Channel 5' TV Programme "The 5 Show" about tuition and enrichment classes in Singapore.
- Featured on 'The Friday Weekly' Chinese newspapers as an inspirational and dedicated teacher.
- Featured on 'The Sunday Times' newspapers as an "Economics tutor who puts theory into practice".
- Featured on 'TODAY' newspapers for views on "staying ahead of the academic race".
- Featured on ‘MyPaper‘ and ‘The Straits Times‘ newspapers for his views on the GCE ‘A’ level Economics ten-year-series.
- Featured on 'Singapore Business Review' magazine as a "top tutor who brings economics theories to life".
- Featured on 'Today's Parents' magazine for "educating the new generation using unique teaching methodology".
- Featured on ‘Lianhe Wanbao‘ newspapers as a ‘one-man show’ Economics tutor who “wins students by word-of-mouth recommendation”.
- Guest speaker on MediaCorp Radio 938LIVE radio segment ‘Dollars and Sense’ – “Star Economics tutor Anthony Fok helping students make sense of dollars!”.
- Guest speaker on MediaCorp Radio 938LIVE radio segment 'On the Job' - "Super tutor Anthony Fok sharing his experience as a full-time Economics tutor".
- Featured on 'Lianhe Wanbao' newspapers as a 'one-man show' Economics tutor who "wins students by word-of-mouth recommendation.
- Featured on "Domain of Experts" premier tuition platform which names seasoned tutors hailing from prestigious top schools.
- Fellow of The College of Teachers, Institute of Education, London, for individuals who have made a significant contribution to educational literature or to educational management at a senior level.
- First Economics tutor to set a new Singapore record “Highest Earning Economics Tutor” in the Singapore Book of Records (SBOR) 2015.
- Singapore Book of Records (SBOR) record holder “Author of most number of A-level Economics books”.
- Registered with the Ministry of Education (Singapore).